Accidents on Holidays
Holidays should be relaxing and enjoyable and if you suffer an accident that was not your fault it can be stressful and you may incur extra expenses. Here are some of the most common examples of accidents which occur on holidays:
- Road Traffic Accident where you are the driver or passenger
- Skiing or Snowboarding accidents
- Injuries caused by unsafe buildings; namely your hotel or apartment block
- Food Poisoning
- Using inappropriate or unsafe sports and other equipment such as sun loungers.
- Injuries which occur during excursions or tours
If you have been injured when on a package holiday arranged by a tour operator in Ireland you may be able to obtain compensation from the tour operator rather than having to try to recover compensation from a third party in another country.
It is important to collect the following information to ascertain if you are entitled to take make a claim for compensation:
- Take a photograph of the location of the accident,
- Obtain the names and details of any witnesses and take statements from them if possible.
- Collect copies of any accident report forms
- Notify the local police and make a report. It is difficult to file a claim in another country therefore it is essential to collect as much information where the accident took place and bring it home with you.
It can be costly to have an accident while abroad e.g. if it is a serious accident repatriation to your home country may be required. If you are with friends or family they may have to return home also. The cost of medical and hospital treatment abroad may be expensive.
It is important to keep a note of all expenses you incur as a result of the accident to enable you to include them in any claim you may make.
it is essential to get advice as soon as possible when you return home to ascertain if you are entitled to make a claim.
Irish solicitors may not calculate fees or other charges in contentious business as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement nor is it our practice to do so.
MyClaim.ie specialises in compensation claims for those suffering from personal injury or loss due to an accident or mishap. We operate nationwide from our solicitors practice in Dublin city centre. With over 30 years experience, our team can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
If you have had an accident in the past two years, which was not your fault, and you have suffered an injury then you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your case… contact us >